Sign up for a Sweep and/ or Inspection
Sign up now to go in the system for a Sweep and/or Inspection, please read our terms and conditions located at the bottom of this page before committing.
- Sweep and Inspection: $110.00
- Inspection only: $100.00
- Call out fee (After hours only): Above charge + $100 + $1.86/KM
Terms and Conditions
We undertake to do the best job possible for our
customers for a fixed price. That is our commitment to you. Of course, like many businesses there is some ‘small print’ so here it is.
Wait list time frames
Our wait times are Seasonal, we always recommend getting
your Fireplace Swept and/or Inspected during the Summer to avoid long waits. We also book as and when we are in the area, so if you are
out of town, we recommend you ask around your neighbours to see if they would like a service too!
1 - 2 Weeks +
2 - 3 Weeks +
3 - 4 Weeks +
2 - 3 Weeks +
- We operate on a 'fixed' pricing scheme for a straightforward sweep or job.
- We rely on you to tell us what we are sweeping - the price will be quoted to you based on that information. If you have failed to tell us in advanced of any problems, or that it is, for example a fireplace that is larger than normal, we reserve the right to "re-quote' on arrival
- In the even that we encounter a problem (this might, for example, be a blockage or a problem flue) the sweep will advise you in advance of completing any work is there is any extra charge to be made.
- if you decide you do not want the sweep to continue with the job, we reserve the rightr to make a charge to cover our costs inc;uding a contribution towards work already undertaken.
- If we find a problem, we will tell you. If we can resolve the problem but is necessary to charge extra, we will tell you before the work is undertaken or we will Quote to carry out the work at another time.
- Sweeps can not be carried out without an Inspection.
- Payment is due at the time ofrovision of the service except were arranged in advance.
- Various payment options are offered.
- You may pay by cash.
- You may not pay by Cheque.
- Some of our sweeps take DEBIT or CREDIT cards but it is subject to a mobile signal being available.
- If you wish us to provide an invoice, payment will be required within 7 days. Payments not settled within 7 days may attract a charge interest at 2.5% per fortnight.
- The arranged appointment time is to be considered as an estimate of the arrival time to within 30 minutes. Problems with preceding jobs and traffic conditions will have an effect on arrival time. We will phone the customer if the arrival time is likely to be more than 30 minutes after the arranged time. If this inconveniences the customer then the appointment time can be re-arranged.
- We require safe and legal parking and access. On arranging the appointment, the customer is to confirm the situation and advise us accordingly. In situations where Flaming Fires has to pay for parking, the parking fee will be charged to the customer. If on arrival at the property we are unable to park safely or legally, or at a sensible distance from the property, then we have the right to cancel the appointment and the customer will be liable for a call out charge. Please ensure that we have adequate access to the appliance carry out the work.
We understand that our customers have busy lives too. If you have to change or cancel an appointment please give as much notice as possible. We have allocated time in our day specifically for you and late notice cancellation may mean we cannot rebook. We may have turned away other customers if we have a full day.
If the customer wishes to cancel or re-arrange the appointment then this should be done as soon as possible. If we arrive at the address for a previously agreed appointment, and are not required, or the customer is not present, or we cannot complete the work through no fault of ours the customer will be liable for a call out charge. If the customer is excessively late for the previously agreed appointment, a call out fee will be charged.
Charging If We Are Unable to Carry Out Sweep Upon Arrival
Should our sweeps turn up and be unable to carry the sweep out then we reserve the right to charge the full price of the intended booked sweep. We have come across many properties where the homeowner has booked a sweep and upon arrival the chimney pots have been capped off previously so making it not possible to carry a sweep out. We are happy to advise on remedial action needed to enable a sweep to take place but as our time and diary space is very busy and precious, we cannot attend properties and walk away due to lack of information or incorrect information provided when booking. Our administration team always try and be thorough with asking as much as possible but if you’re unsure please send us some emails with pictures before we confirm the appointment.
- We aim to sweep all types of appliances that burn
solid fuel and wood in residential or commercial premises. We do encounter some problems with woodburning stoves (and sometimes other installations) that have been fitted without provision for sweeping. Worse, some are not ‘legal’ installations and are just plain dangerous. We will do our best to sweep but sometimes we will be unable to undertake the job, leaving you with the best advice we can offer to rectify the problem.
- Some of our sweeps may undertake ‘power sweeping’ (the use of a drill type device to ‘flail’ the chimney flue) but this will only be used when they feel that the condition of the chimney will support this method.
- The customer is to supply power for the sweeping or work. This will be mainly for the vacuum. If on arrival at the property, no power supply is available, the work may continue but without the use of the vacuum.
- Flaming Fires will take all measures to adequately protect the property from dirt, soot and equipment. Fireplaces will be completely covered. All walkways will be sheeted. We cannot be held responsible in the event of dirt/soot escaping the protective covering, due to the abnormalities/ill-fitting fireplaces/surrounds. We take every care when sweeping chimneys with bird guards fitted. We cannot be held responsible in the event of a bird guard or chimney pot being disturbed (and subsequent damage) when sweeping takes place. If the chimney pot /stack is disturbed during sweeping it is not considered ‘fit for purpose’ and Flaming
Fires cannot be held responsible.
- Bird’s nests or Blockages that are too large to destroy, we will make a charge for our time. This will be credited to your account and the appointment will be re-arranged.
- If in the unlikely case that a problem occurs after your Fireplace Sweep is carried out, you have 48 hours to contact Flaming Fires with the complaint. Under the Consumers guarantee act we have a right to investigate the complaint and will attend within 48 hours of this to review the incident and either rectify the problem or advise otherwise. If the issue is not caused by Flaming Fires, the customer will be liable for a call out charge.
Health & Safety
We will take all reasonable precautions to ensure the health and safety of the customer and occupants at the property. The customer must act on Flaming Fires advice with regards to health and safety while the work is in progress. Failure to act may result in termination of the work with full payment to be made. The customer is to ensure that the working area is safe and hygienic for us to enter. If we find the property dangerous to enter, the work will not proceed and the customer will be liable for a call out charge. If the chimney/fireplace is found to contain asbestos components, the work will cease. The customer may be liable for the full payment and safe removal of the asbestos must be carried out before the work can be completed.
Working at heights is a Job and weather dependant activity. Flaming Fires has the right to complete a visual inspection only of the Fireplace cowl or cancel an appointment for work that involves ascending ladders or the use of mobile access equipment if it is judged to compromise safety. If equipment has been hired for the work, the customer will be liable for the cost. No other additional charge will be made for our time and the appointment will be re arranged.